Gee’s Bend quilts also inspired a 2008 children’s book by Patricia McKissack, titled Stitchin’ and Pullin’ a Gee’s Bend Quilt, illustrated by New York-based artist Cozbi Cabrera. Nearly two dozen of these illustrations are featured in a companion exhibit to the Gee’s Bend quilts, titled Stitchin’ and Pullin’: Painted Illustrations by Cosbi Cabrera. Along with Cabrera’s paintings are several handmade dolls and quilts created by the artist, and a miniature replica of a Gee’s Bend dogtrot cabin by Georgetown artist Woody Gruber. To enhance the intimacy of the exhibit, the museum has designed a reading nook for children. Stitchin’ and Pullin’ will be on display from Jan. 10 – April 16.
- DragonBoat Beaufort Announces Open Registration for DRAGONBOAT RACE DAY 2017
- Sea Turtle Program at the Museum of Coastal Carolina
- Sunset River Marketplace features group show Blooms through June 3
- Surf Fishing for Fun at Museum of Coastal Carolina
- Spartanburg SC West Main Artists Co-Op Opens Three New Exhibits in May