December 4 - 6, 11 - 13, 18 – 20, Nights of a Thousand Candles
will delight guests from 3 to 10 p.m.
with beautiful candle and lighting displays and exceptional entertainment. One of this year’s most exciting new features is the 80 foot tall Holiday Fir Tree decorated with 60,000 lights. Located in the arboretum, this beautiful tree will be lighted each night in ceremonial fashion at 5:45 p.m.
Other new highlights include The Peppermint Forest
in the Children’s Garden, The Ice Garden
in the Lower Left Wing garden, and the addition of a garden by candle light. Adult tickets are $18 and tickets for children are $10.
All children age three and under are free. Tickets are available at www.brookgreen.org
, at the gardens, and by phone at (843) 235-6016
. All entertainment is included in admission. Dinner is available at an additional cost.
“We always keep some of the favorite lighting displays from the previous year, “said Bob Jewell, President and CEO. “ But every year we add new lights, decorations, and entertainers to keep the event fresh and give our guests something to look forward to.
New this year, guests can download our free mobile app designed to easily display information at night and help make the event even more enjoyable. The app provide details of performances, food and beverage locations, a map of the event, social media links, and much more. It is available by searching Brookgreen Gardens in the App Store and in Google Play. Some suggestions to make of your Nights of a Thousand Candles experience the most enjoyable:
- Carpool with family and friends. It supports our green initiative and helps reduce the number of parking spaces needed.
- Come on a Thursday evening when it is less crowded.
- Arrive early (between 4 – 5 p.m.) and have time to see the candles being lit and map out where you would like to go, plus dusk is the best time to take pictures.
- Dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes, It is a walk through the gardens not a drive-thru event.
- A limited number of adult and child strollers are available at no charge one a first-come, first-serve basis. We do not take reservations for the strollers. If you have any mobility issues, please make necessary arrangements.
All ticket proceeds go to support Brookgreen Gardens, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization whose mission is to preserve and display American sculpture and regional plants, animals, and history. Brookgreen Gardens, a National Historic Landmark, is located on U.S. 17 between Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, South Carolina.