The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Committee has a number of events planned for January 18 – 20 to commemorate the life of Dr. King. Activities include:
· 11:00 a.m., Saturday, January 18… Brown Bag Lunches, Myrtle Beach Train Depot (Two topics: A conversation with Brad Lofton and Brandon Sessions, Myrtle Beach Regional Economic Development Corporation; and Sharnell Ladson, facilitating a workshop on building sustainable small businesses.)
· 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday, January 18… Community Talent Show, Coastal Carolina University Auditorium
· 5:00 p.m., Sunday, January 19… “Civil Rights Sunday: Unifying our Communities and Cultures,” Mt. Olive AME Church
· 8:00 a.m., Monday, January 20… Corporate and Community Awards Breakfast, featuring guest speaker Byron V. Garrett, Canal Street Recreation Center
· 11:30 a.m., Monday, January 20… Dr. Martin Luther King Grand Parade, Downtown, beginning at the Pelicans’ Stadium.